Sunday, September 28, 2008

Ridiculousness and Sincerity


I think my problem when I sit down to blog is that I generally don't have any specific topics to discuss.  Perhaps that would explain the random nature of my past posts that were not dealing specifically with news or me ranting about not being able to find a job.  But this post is the exception.  This post I have a very specific topic that is not only of extreme importance but also dear to every one's heart.  Me. 

I am, needless to say, the apple of many an eye.  My face is symmetrical, my breath is always minty and clean, my feet constantly scrubbed, and my personality flawless.  I am a fresh summer day as you run towards the slip n slide with a pool of happiness awaiting you.  My sense of humor entertains the masses and my feathery hair lightly falls in the precisely planned location of my stylist (me). Needless to say, all of my friends are jealous. 
____________________

That being said, who could have the audacity to keep me and my beautiful wife awake playing ridiculously loud music until 12AM, then watching a ridiculously loud DVD (I believe it was Cheech and Chong's Up In Smoke) until 2AM, then passing out from drunkenness and letting the DVD options menu play over and over and over again until 4AM when the police finally arrive?  My lovely neighbor in room 108.  

And the options menu for the DVD wasn't just music or anything, it was dialog.  The same 30 seconds of annoying dialog over and over again for two hours straight.  It was so loud, the dialog alone vibrated the floor.  We could hear it as if it were blasting on our own personal mega-sound system on our own T.V.  

It is unbelievably frustrating having to call the police just to get some sleep.  

But anyway, lets continue with the post. 
______________________

Sheena and I now have a monthly parking spot about two blocks from our apartment.  Glory.
______________________

Why do restaurants find it necessary to have three weeks of training for a server position?  If you don't get it after the first week, maybe you weren't meant for the job.  It's not that complicated people!
______________________

I'd just like to point out that if it weren't for spell check, I would be doomed.
______________________

I have officially decided to start working on music again on a regular basis.  I am telling you because the more people I tell, the more motivated I will be to actually do it. 
______________________

Does anyone know why my trumpet turned a dirty bronze color after being out of it's case for about a month on a stand in my apartment?  It polished off with some elbow grease, but it's never happened when it was out of my case a lot before.  I should give my trumpet more baths. 
______________________

I think I'm going to start reading a book called Spunk and Bite. It is about contemporary, witty writing style.  I think it will help my lyric writing which has always been a bit drab. 
______________________

I took some pictures of my immediate neighborhood and the area where Sheena works the other day.  Some of them are good, but the rest range from terrible to slightly below average.  I will be posting select good-ish ones sometime soon, so you have something to look forward to!  You lucky dogs! 

Take care everyone.  

2 comments:

Andrea Smith said...

Love the self-description. I have no advice on your trumpet - I DID bathe my horn and all the lacque is peeling off and its quite ugly. So no help there. Congrats on the job!

Andrea Smith said...

Ummm....I'm leaving another post because I've been unable to sleep at night worrying that I'm gonna forget to wish you Happy Birthday in a couple days....so I'm just gonna do it now. Happy Birthday!!!!!!!! I miss you and your wife a lot. Have an amazing birthday!!!

Love,
Andrea