Monday, September 22, 2008

So I got a job.

Yes, indeed it's true.  I finally got a job! 

 It's at a place called LA Food Show, which, interestingly enough, is not a show at all, but a restaurant.  It's a confusing, and only slightly interesting concept that hasn't gone over particularly well in Manhattan Beach, where they opened their first store.  

The makers of California Pizza Kitchen decided to make another restaurant, but this time, the theme will be L.A.  That's right, not a French restaurant, not a pizza place, not mexican food...an L.A. food joint.  It 'explores the sensory universe' that is Los Angeles.  And since L.A. has so many different types of food, L.A. Food Show has a bit of everything. 

Hopefully the Beverly Hills location that opens in October will do better than the Manhattan Beach branch, as I will be working there! 

So I'm happy.  Even though I didn't want to serve anymore, and I'll likely have conflicting work hours with Sheena, I am excited to start working.  We will work the scheduling out, and we will not have to worry about whether or not we can afford groceries.  Plus, the restaurant is in Beverly Hills a block from Rodeo drive (at this that is what they have said), with a lot of foot traffic across the street from a large hotel.  Hopefully there will be a lot of business.  

Maybe now Sheena and I will be able to rent out a place to park somewhere and stop having to deal with street parking. 

No comments: